Remember the Fallen: 45 Years Ago Today.
Army Private First Class Carlos J. Lozada. 20 NOV 1967.
Medal of Honor recipient (posthumous).
On November 20, 1967, at Dak To in the Republic of Vietnam, Pfc. Carlos James Lozada, a rifleman from 2/503rd, spotted a North Vietnamese Army company rapidly approaching his outpost.
He alerted his comrades and opened fire with a machine gun, killing at least twenty of the enemy soldiers and disrupting their initial attack. He realized that if he abandoned his position there would be nothing to hold back the surging North Vietnamese soldiers and that his entire company withdrawal would be jeopardized - as a result he told his comrades to move to the back and that he would supply cover for them.
He continued to deliver a heavy and accurate volume of suppressive fire against the enemy until he was mortally wounded and had to be carried during the withdrawal.
Pfc. Lozada was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his courageous act.
- sapper2829 likes this
- mohv reblogged this from soldierporn
- apocalypse-inside likes this
- dertychez reblogged this from soldierporn
- dertychez likes this
- crazyjoe85 likes this
- purplepanadapimp reblogged this from soldierporn
- purplepanadapimp likes this
- perfection-of-insanity reblogged this from soldierporn
- tjblackman likes this
- goatlicker likes this
- do-or-die-ydg reblogged this from soldierporn
- cruising-to-disaster likes this
- potassiumtoyoutoobitch reblogged this from soldierporn
- skullkid-plight likes this
- hinukshines likes this
- greattperhaps reblogged this from soldierporn
- serbarawarden reblogged this from soldierporn
- pointycat69 likes this
- freedom-warriors reblogged this from soldierporn
- soldierporn posted this