Iwo Jima Ashes.
U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer Andrew Thomasson is splashed by water as he fulfills his promise to his family and lays his grandfather’s ashes to rest on Iwo Jima’s Invasion Beach in Iwo Jima, Japan, Aug. 28, 2012.
Thomasson’s grandfather, U.S. Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Oscar Thomasson, was aboard a landing craft that was destroyed while making its way to the island during the U.S. forces’ initial assault. The senior Thomasson survived the Battle for Iwo Jima and died 22 December 2006 at the age of 80.
- notorious-jew likes this
- justdia reblogged this from hoodrat-esque
- justdia likes this
- thatarmychick reblogged this from soldierporn
- hoodrat-esque reblogged this from loveastrongasdeath
- loveastrongasdeath reblogged this from nogunsjustroses
- nogunsjustroses reblogged this from soldierporn
- whyhellolexy likes this
- jhuynhphotography likes this
- l0veinadrunkensky reblogged this from badasses-and-bullets
- stayclassyronburgundy reblogged this from soldierporn
- thecommongrave reblogged this from soldierporn
- badasses-and-bullets reblogged this from asailordreamingbeyondthehorizon
- droppinmanyravers likes this
- asailordreamingbeyondthehorizon reblogged this from soldierporn
- skad4life likes this
- queenbetsy likes this
- latenightalaska likes this
- soldierporn posted this