Washington (CNN) — A comprehensive bill on veterans affairs awaiting President Barack Obama’s signature includes provisions that would expand restrictions on protests at military funerals such as those carried out by Westboro Baptist Church of Kansas.
Under the “Honoring America’s Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act of 2012,” which won final congressional approval Tuesday, protesters must be at least 300 feet from military funerals from two hours before they start until two hours after they end.
Violators could face unspecified fines and up to two years in prison.
(Click through title link for full CNN article.)
- silentgearhead likes this
- heartalo reblogged this from soldierporn
- duel-ofthe-fates likes this
- cadetthefuckup reblogged this from soldierporn
- meandmytruth likes this
- vahe24 reblogged this from soldierporn
- amightydirge likes this
- peanut-buttertoast reblogged this from dogtags-highheels-hooah
- kilo-jericho-sierra likes this
- starvingjournal likes this
- countryroads-takemehome-wv likes this
- soldierporn posted this